Wind Tunnel Particle Threshold Speed
The wind tunnel particle threshold speed archive, documents and preserves
data from various historical sources for wind-tunnel-derived measurements
of particle threshold. Data are not limited to a single facility. In stead, starting
with the PDART funded project led by Devon Burr, documents from the
Planetary Aeolian Laboratory (PAL) at NASA Ames, and historical published
works were culled for measurements/estimations of particle threshold.
These data span the history of wind tunnel studies of sediment transport and
focus specifically on particle threshold. Planetary analog conditions were
used that include surrogates for atmospheric similarity for Earth, Mars,
Venus, and Titan.
The archive uses the PDS4 archiving standard (XML labels) and is organized
as a single bundle. To add new resources to this bundle contact the
Atmospheres Node (ATM) for assistance.
- Root directory for the bundle.
– User Manual (user_manual_wt_threshold_archive.pdf)
- Linked scanned plots and tables from the original
sources as references for the data.
- All extracted tables and digitized graph data from a variety of historical sources. **Where noted Reynolds number and viscosity values
have been extrapolated for ease of comparison between data sources.
- A simple listing of all facility/instrument products used in the
creation of this bundle.