The LEISA dataset contains a total of four data volumes. These volumes are split between the categories of post-launch checkout data and Jupiter encounter data. Each category contains two volumes; one consists of raw instrument data, the other processed.
Directory and File Naming
Each dataset contains the following subdirectories:
- CALIB: Directory which contains calibration files such as dark and flat-field correction .fits.
- CATALOG: Directory containing high-level catalog objects.
- DATA: Directory containing the actual spacecraft science data.
- DOCUMENTS: Directory which contains information the mission, the spacecraft, the payload, and the data files within this volume
- DOWNLOAD: Directory containing the entire dataset in gzip'ed form.
- INDEX: Directory containing ASCII index tables that provide information about each data file in this data set.
The filenames of data files follow the naming convention:
- INST is the instrument/observation designator.
- SCRMET is the Spacecraft Receipt Mission Elapsed Time.
- APID is the Application ID (ApID) of the telemetry data packet from which the data come.
- STATE is ENG for raw data, SCI for calibrated data.
- VER is the version number from the Science Operations Center.
- TYPE is the file type, .FIT for FITS file, .LBL for PDS label.