Above are shown point-by-point Atmospheric Opacity measurements obtained from Phoenix Lander's Surface Stereoscopic Imager (SSI) images of the Sun at wavelengths of 451 nm, 671 nm, 887 nm, and 991 nm.
The Opacity values plotted above are available within the PHX_TAU451_151_20090414A.TAB, PHX_TAU671_151_20090414A.TAB, PHX_TAU887_151_20090414A.TAB, and PHX_TAU991_151_20090414A.TAB ASCII files located within the Reduced Data collection. The contents of the PHX_TAU...TAB files and a description of their structures are available in the PHX_TAU...XML file, which is also located within the Reduced Data collection.
Throughout the course of Phoenix surface operations, the Surface Stereoscopic Imager (SSI) took sunward facing images to be used in calculation of the daily atmospheric dust opacity. Those calculations were used in generating atmospheric opacity tables over the course of the mission.
- Directory containing the documentation collection, including references to refereed journals using this instrument.
- Directory containing the RDR data files for sols 1-150.
For the Experienced User
- Zip file containing the entire AO Bundle.
AO Bundle Root
- The root directory for the entire AO instrument Bundle.
CITATION_DESC = Dickinson, C.D., PHX METEOROLOGICAL DATA V1.0, NASA Planetary Data System, 2008.
- Representative Publications using the data
Other Potential Relevant Data
- Data that may be relevant from missions o
ther than PHX
Archived PHX SPICE ancillary data providing observation geometry (positions, orientations, instrument po
inting, time conversions, etc.) are available from the PDS NAIF Node